RenatusMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post in the forums when the site/game is down

5 posters

Go down

Post in the forums when the site/game is down Empty Post in the forums when the site/game is down

Post  tommyboy1868 Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:42 am

i'v noticed over the past two days that when the game/site goes down no one post about it in the forums in the News & Announcements section...we have no idea whats going on with the site when it's down...like we dunno if its just a server check...if there's updates going on...or if there's some kinda problem with the site/game itself...nor do we have an ETA to expect it to be back other then just trying to get on the site and i'm sure making it harder for you guys to do your part with the server...cus i'v heard in the past that when ppl try to log onto a site/game when its down it puts a lag on the ppl trying to work on it.

so my suggestion is having someone post in the News & Announcements section updates with the site/game so we know when its down...that way we can stay up with everything that's going on.
tommyboy1868
tommyboy1868

Back to top Go down

Post in the forums when the site/game is down Empty Re: Post in the forums when the site/game is down

Post  Jojo<3 Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:35 pm

The first time the server "Crashed" It was a mistake with the server restarter, I accidentally set the "PC resting" time to 6hrs. I fixed that. The 2nd time, the VPS shut down unexpectedly while I was in school.

In the end, I am too busy in real life, and working with the Revamp, so I don't have much time at all. I have to sleep, wake up, go to school, get out of school, study, and work on the revamp(which is a pain in the ass) so that's why I haven't posted, but of course the GMs should've done it, and I agree with you on that part
Jojo<3
Admin

http://resurems.servegame.com

Back to top Go down

Post in the forums when the site/game is down Empty Re: Post in the forums when the site/game is down

Post  tommyboy1868 Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:33 am

lol dont get me wrong im not complaining or anything i just think that from personal exp that when something goes down for what ever reason then someone should let everyone know that way ppl are not running all over trying to fig out whats wrong...altho i do understand things do come up in real life as well so that is diff understandable. i'm just making a suggestion that maybe someone in the forums should post that kind of stuff up...like lets say all the GMs are sometimes busy and can't make it to the forums to post...a back up person who you know can always be on the forums could post up when the server and site are down...maybe?
tommyboy1868
tommyboy1868

Back to top Go down

Post  Pixel Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:37 pm

tommyboy1868 wrote:lol dont get me wrong im not complaining or anything i just think that from personal exp that when something goes down for what ever reason then someone should let everyone know that way ppl are not running all over trying to fig out whats wrong...altho i do understand things do come up in real life as well so that is diff understandable. i'm just making a suggestion that maybe someone in the forums should post that kind of stuff up...like lets say all the GMs are sometimes busy and can't make it to the forums to post...a back up person who you know can always be on the forums could post up when the server and site are down...maybe?

GM's can't be on 24/7, event with a staff that is large. If the server goes down, along with the website, just assume that the VPS shut down.
Pixel
Pixel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tommyboy1868 Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:36 pm

when i said someone i was not refering to a GM on MS...i do understand that the GMs are busy that's why im suggesting maybe finding someone out side of the GMs to post up updates that someone can email to them. and they can come on here and post it...
tommyboy1868
tommyboy1868

Back to top Go down

Post  Jojo<3 Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:20 pm

I agree with you Tommy. Here's the problem: We're not gonna find someone like that. Why?, you may ask. The reason is that whoever did that (if he/she ever did), would then be asking for something in return(Like a natural greedy human). If that person asks for something in return, that would be to become a GM, in which then adds that person to the list of "Busy people" who won't do that :/
Jojo<3
Admin

http://resurems.servegame.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tommyboy1868 Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:31 pm

lol being a GM wouldent be my thing and that's me being honest...and i always put out the offer if that someone needs something they can ask me without me asking for anything in return...but that's just me. i personaly think that this is a wonderful place i'v already met two new friends. so i want to do what ever i can to help that's in my ability you know?
tommyboy1868
tommyboy1868

Back to top Go down

Post  KeyBoard Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:39 pm

if Some One Dont Have A Prablem With This i Will Dont Care For Doing It For Free i Just Want To Help This Server And i Love iT
KeyBoard

Back to top Go down

Post  tommyboy1868 Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:15 pm

same with me
tommyboy1868
tommyboy1868

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:35 am

The problem with that is even if the server was down and we had someone report it on the forums when it happens, It is not guaranteed Jojo will see it right away he is not on the forums 24é7, remember he has a life too. so it would really pointless.
Sean
Sean

http://RenatusMs.Servegame.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tommyboy1868 Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:31 am

the whole purpose of it is to let everyone know its down. but hey if it wont work it wont work lol
tommyboy1868
tommyboy1868

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:51 am

lol yea but im sure they can tell if its down or not xD and players are also not on the forums 24 7 :p
Sean
Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  tommyboy1868 Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:13 pm

i come stright here everytime the site/game is down xD
tommyboy1868
tommyboy1868

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:01 pm

you do not everyone else though xD
Sean
Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  tommyboy1868 Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:24 am

thats very true
tommyboy1868
tommyboy1868

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down